Available on backorder
The Lighttells MD-500 moisture and density analyser has the capacity to deliver readings from cherry, parchment, green beans and roasted beans. With easy to use functionality a simple switch of function changes between the modes depending on what you are measuring.
The MD500 has unique weight calibration to obtain accurate density readings that are measures within 0.5%. The last 100 analysis results are automatically stored on the MD-500’s internal memory for quick referencing. These results can also be download directly to your computer via USB (included).
Why do I need a Moisture and Density Analyser?
The Density analyser reflects hardness of coffee beans. From a roasters perspective, knowing the moisture content of the beans/cherry is a key component in providing critical information surrounding shrinkage percentage of the beans before the roast. It also helps determine the storage environment of the beans by checking the moisture level of roasted and green beans. Moisture level influences cupping quality and saves you money!
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5% for moisture content and 1.2g/L for density
- Repeatability: 0.20% for moisture content
Measurement Range: 1 to 40% mc depends on bean types
- Operating Environment: 5 to 40 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions (main unit): 212 x 150x 202 mm (w x d x h)
- Dimensions (funnel): 139 x 90mm (d x h)
- Weight: 1050g
- Power Supply: AC 110V/220V to 5V OR 3.7V/2300 mAh Lithium battery
- Charging time (0 to 100%): 6.5 hrs
- Charge duration: 20 hrs continuous working per full charge
- Sample Cell: 250ml volume, 50-240g
- Data Output to PC: micro USB cable