Slayer One Group
Now available via special order. 50% deposit with 3-4 month lead time
Introducing the new Slayer 1 group
Here we have the professional barista’s dream machine. This revolutionary machine is designed to be small enough to fit in your personal kitchen, light enough to carry to a pop-up cafe and powerful enough to handle continuous steaming and brewing.
This commercial espresso machine utilises power management software that only powers one heating element at a time to ensure continuous powerful dry steam and accurate brew temperature stability, while minimising the necessary power draw. Steam pressure is controlled via pressure transducer, which provides much better accuracy and responsiveness compared to the thermocouples or pressurestats found on other machines. With the Slayer 1 group, as soon as the steam valve is opened, the heating element is activated to create the necessary pressure to properly texture the milk. Slayer now has six different sized steam tips that can be quickly changed without tools or thread tape, thanks to a self sealing o-ring.
When combined with easily adjusted steam pressures (from 1 to 2 bars) this allows baristas to fine tune the steam performance to suit their preference or needs.
As found on 2 and 3 group Slayers, the Slayer 1 group comes standard with an adjustable needle valve to control the pre-brew flow rate, allowing for flavour-profiling of coffee. In addition to flow-rate control for pre-brew, baristas now have the ability to set a different pre-brew pressure as well as a secondary brew pressure (either higher or lower than the standard brew pressure). This new brew architecture delivers ultimate control and repeatability when pulling shots.
Additional standard features include Peruvian walnut brew actuators and portafilter handles, the Slayer shot-mirror, precision sand-casted X’s and commercial quality internal parts throughout the machine.
New to the Slayer 1 group are custom electronics and an unobtrusive digital touch display, which eliminates the need for buttons and allows Slayer to maintain its trademark less-is-more approach, putting the focus where it should be – on the coffee.
Slayer 1 Group Features:
- Brew temperature controlled with customized Slayer-tuned advanced PID. Temperature is controlled at the front display in increments of 0.1 C or F. Stable to 0.25C/0.5F. Baristas can select temperature to be displayed in C or F
- Steam pressure controlled with Pressure Transducer for extremely accurate control and faster recovery times while steaming. Settable pressure range of 1.0 to 2.0 Bar. Baristas can change pressure from the front display. With easily selectable pressure and our new selection of steam tips the Barista can easily tune their Slayer
- Pre-heat coil is wrapped around the steam tank to pre-heat water (to approximately 85-87C) before entering the brew tank to ensure stability of the brew water
- Hot water is dispensed from the right side actuator. Hot water comes from the steam tank and is restricted to prevent sputtering
- Commercial brew group, steam valves, brew and steam actuators, portafilters, etc used within the Slayer 1 group
- New Slayer v3 Brew Group technology – no more mechanical valves
- New Slayer v3 Steam Valve actuators
- Fully saturated brew group with auto-bleed valve – no more air-gaps giving false temperature reading and pressure fluctuations
- Power management is used to pulse individual heating elements, allowing Slayer to have maximum wattage elements while requiring a smaller circuit breaker. Baristas can choose either Brew Tank priority or Steam Tank priority, depending on whether they are pulling shots in a lab environment or steaming milk based drinks in a popup cafe, restaurant, etc
- Brew and Steam elements can be disabled from the front display
- Built in dual shot timers for both Pre-brew and Brew times
- Brew pressure gauge, measuring pressure at the group head (same pressure readings as you’ll get using a Scace)
- Pre-brew flow-rate manipulation via needle valve (same as Slayer commercial machines)
- Pump pressure provided by internal gear pump
The operator can manipulate the following brew parameters from the front display:
- Pre-brew pressure (and flow rate via internal needle valve)
- Brew pressure
- Secondary Brew pressure (settable from 1-10 bars)
- Stainless steel bayonet
- Slayer Shot-Mirror
- Non-Slip rubber feet prevent the machine from sliding when portafilter is engaged
- All metal construction
- Customizable body colors and wood species for all actuators and portafilter handles
Slayer 1 Group Specifications:
- Dimensions: Width, body: 39.4 cm
- Width, foot to foot: 46.5 cm
- Depth, foot to foot: 46.0 cm
- Depth, foot to drip tray: 54.6 cm
- Height, top of rear panel: 39.0 cm
- Height, to of brew actuator: 39.3 cm
- Height, group head: 13.0 cm (between drip tray and bottom of naked PF)
- Weight: Machine 45.45 kg
- Dual Boilers
- Brew boiler: 1.1L, 600 watt heating element
- Steam bolier 3.3L , 2000 watt @ 220v
- Pre-Heat Coil: 60 ml
- Pump: Internally mounted gear pump
- Power: 220 volts, 10 amps
- * Features and specifications may change, be added or modified when production begins
We include a comprehensive bench test, 1kg of fresh specialty beans and backwash detergent for purchasers of this machine. We have received an estimated retail price is is $13200, - bench tested, with backwash detergent and 1kg of our finest. Those who require shipment are most welcome to request a shipping quote.
A wide range of accessories for this machine are available from our e-shop.
Available on backorder