Most recent update Sunday 21 June
On 21 June, the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee said in a statement that it “strongly discourages” travel to and from Darebin and some other municipalities for non-essential reasons until the Victorian government can suppress the spread of community transmission in those municipalities.
Our interpretation of that advice is that if you can possibly avoid visiting us, please do so. We ask that you please consider purchasing online and allowing us to post or freight your order.
Collecting a bag of coffee is not an essential reason for travel. Should the situation deteriorate in Darebin, we will again need to lock down and revert to online only operation.
If you must visit.
- Please don’t visit if you are unwell
- Please wait outside if you see more than two people inside
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Don’t touch anything other than the doors to the coffee cellars. Where possible, let us do that for you
- Please leave the children at home or have them wait outside. We regret that there is no access to the roastery for them for the time being. If need be, we’ll bring your purchase and contactless payment to you
Hygiene is king. We continue to sanitise working surfaces, our hands and use best practice when we pack your coffee.
For the time being, we are providing your coffee in conventional packaging. For those clients using our Airscape system, please keep your canisters in your home and use them to transfer your coffee into. They do keep it fresher. We’ll be back in Airscape as soon as possible.
Sadly, compostable bags are still unavailable in Australia so for this reason, we are back to foil. We will revert to compostable bags should they become available during this period. As a result of less expensive packaging, most online per kilo prices have reduced slightly.
Coffee, chocolate and accessory purchases: Spend $70 on coffee/chocolate for complimentary regular post. Spend $100 of coffee/chocolate and we upgrade you complimentary express post.
How/when can I purchase?
- Order online and let Australia Post or Sendle do the work for you.
- Click and collect has resumed. You may purchase online and we’ll send seperate email confirmation that your order is ready for collection during our advertised collection hours. Wait for that email. It means your order is ready.
- In-store contactless purchases are now available but we would prefer that you purchase online. Purchases over $200 are limited to online only until further notice.
Espresso equipment purchases:
Our preference is that equipment consultations occur via phone, FaceTime or on an online meeting application. The Sunday 21 June update to social distancing requirements means that for equipment purchases, in-store equipment viewings are available only by prior arrangement. Walk-in viewings will not be permitted.
Subject to available stock, our demo bench is being re-populated and viewings of equipment for no more than two adults and no longer than 10 minutes will now be available. You will be required to observe social distancing requirements and will not be permitted to touch anything in the roastery. Children will not be permitted in the roastery at any time.
We regret that all on-site training services remain suspended until further notice. If you have purchased a machine, we’re happy to observe you in a Zoom meeting to provide you with some tips. Our website FAQ also provides useful resources including videos to get you started.
Espresso equipment service:
As per normal practise, please book your service via our service webpage. Drop-off and collection of serviced machines will be available by arrangement during advertised hours only.
On arrival, you can bring your equipment to our door or we will come to your car and collect it with your completed service authorisation form. Again, we will ask that you maintain social distancing separation. Should you forget your form, we can provide one, but you will require your own biro to complete it.
Once your service works are complete, we’ll email an invoice for you to settle along with collection arrangements. External surfaces of your equipment will be sanitised prior to you collecting it. When you arrive, we will return your equipment to your car for you to take home.
It’s in everyone’s best interests:
Ultimately, if we all stay stay healthy, you get coffee, great gear and time to enjoy it!