A safe and effective espresso machine cleaner for professional espresso machines which use organic coffee. Cafetto EVO is OMRI (Organic Materials Review Institute) listed as complying with the USDA National Organic Program requirements and BFA (Biological Farmer Association) registered as complying with the requirements of the Australian Organic Standard.
Directions for use: Daily Procedure to backflush each group:
- Remove coffee filter from portafilter and replace with “blind” filter
- For daily cleaning, add 1/3 teaspoon of EVO Espresso Machine Cleaner into the the blind filter and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2/3 teaspoon.
- Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner; stop cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop cycle until suds run clean.
- Remove the portafilter and rinse well under stream of water from delivery group
- Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop cycle until water runs clean
- Remove blind filter & insert regular filter.
- Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season the machine.
For cleaning of filters and group handles:
- Soak portafilters and baskets in 500ml of hot water with 2 teaspoons of EVO Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.