So I had me a new one ripped by a bloke in a cafe yesterday. “It’s a piece of shit”…or so he told me with raised voice.
Turns out it’s a decaf grinder and was utterly and completely blocked, with stale, greasy coffee at the consistency of turkish.
We cleaned and tested it with fresh decaf and it’s brilliant.
Lessons for a big-mouthed bully:
1. Decaf requires a finer gind
2. Underdose and you only compound the problem
3. Decaf is stale within 7-10 days of roast
4. If your roaster doesn’t have a roast date on their stuff, they’re hiding.
5. Clean and maintain your stuff
6. Abuse your tech in a call and you get a dial tone in response.
I was doing this when you were just a taddy buddy 😳