Our Returns and Warranty Policy includes the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant laws.
Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law – Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Talk Coffee will determine the extent of the failure.
- Espresso machines and grinders for domestic applications: 12 months RTB parts and labour
- Espresso machines and grinders for commercial applications- i.e cafes and offices: 12 months RTB parts and 3 months labour
- Accessories and other equipment- as dictated by manufacturer/importer
Where a failure does not amount to a major failure, Talk Coffee is entitled to choose between providing you with a repair, replacement or other suitable remedy.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Talk Coffee adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Any liability of Talk Coffee or our agents in connection with goods or services supplied by us to you will, subject to any non-excludable liability for breach of conditions or warranties implied by legislation and to the maximum extent permitted by law, at the election of Talk Coffee, be limited to:
- In relation to goods, the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or the payment of the cost of obtaining equivalent goods; and
- In relation to services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a Talk Coffee product, in the event of the sale of that product, provided that Talk Coffee is informed in writing within 14 days of the sale of the subsequent owner’s name and contact details. The new owner of the equipment must retain the original invoice or copy thereof to be entitled to warranty service.
- Warranty service is provided only within the country of purchase- i.e Australia.
For any product return, please contact us. This includes products that carry a manufacturer’s warranty. Any cost incurred by you in returning the item to us will be borne by you.
Please retain your receipt
In order to obtain a refund, exchange or to repair a product purchased from Talk Coffee, including those products which carry a manufacturer’s warranty, you must have clear proof of purchase – typically, but not always, a receipt.
If we cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product from us then, under the law, we are entitled to reject the return of your product.
What should I do if I have changed my mind and want to return a product?
Please choose carefully as we do not normally accept return of goods where you have simply changed your mind or have chosen poorly. Should we decide to accept a return, a restocking fee of 20% + any credit card charges which we cannot recover is applied to all returns of items held in stock. Special order items cannot be returned. We cannot accept returns on used equipment nor of equipment without packaging or in opened packaging. Return freight to us is payable by you.
Product Assessment for warranty repair.
Once proof of purchase has been established, if the product fault can safely and clearly be determined, we will offer you either a refund, exchange or repair. The available remedy will depend on whether the fault amounts to a major failure. In some instances, we may need to consult with the manufacturer or importer to determine the fault and resolution. Most faults can be easily repaired within a reasonable time frame. We will not offer a repair or replacement if the product has been damaged via misuse or abuse. Examples include but are not limited to inadequately filtered water, lime scaling, corrosion due to high chloride ion concentrations in water, operator errors, unauthorised repair work or modification and fair wear and tear.
Whist we understand that many clients would like a loan machine in the event of a warranty item, we regret that this service is not available. We prioritise all warranty work over general repair to ensure the most rapid service possible.
- Where there is no fault found, the product will be made available for collection by the customer.
- When assessing product fault, it is up to you whether you would prefer to deal with Talk Coffee or the manufacturer or importer directly. It may be more convenient for you to liaise with the manufacturer or importer directly (which may be more time efficient). You certainly have that option. We are happy to provide you with their relevant contact details to assist you.
What should I do if I am having difficulties with getting my product to work?
If you are experiencing problems operating your product, we strongly recommend that you contact us
It is our experience that often when customers believe the product they have purchased is faulty; it can usually be resolved with some basic ‘troubleshooting’.
What should I do if I have if I have fixed or bulky items to return?
If your product cannot be easily returned to us please contact us and we will do our best to offer a local solution. Please note that this may not be possible in all areas of Australia.
What happens if I have purchased a product online and need to return it?
Items can be returned by mail or road freight. Please contact us to advise in advance and if you require suggestions for road freight carriers..
If I can’t find my receipt, can I use a bank statement as proof of purchase instead?
- Unfortunately Talk Coffee will not accept a bank or credit card statement unless the amount shown on that statement directly corresponds to the amount at which the product in question was purchased. Where multiple items were purchased in that transaction, it limits our ability to establish proof of purchase. We cannot provide copies of receipts if lost or misplaced.
- Please note: When a refund is granted, we will refund the original purchase price via the previous method of payment indicated on the receipt.