You will need:
- your aeropress
- a washed aeropress filter or Able disk. We recommend the disk!
- something to stir your coffee with
- a cup- make it aeropress diameter to make your job easy
- timer- optional
- scales- optional
- about 200ml of fresh water just off the boil. We recommend 90 deg. C
- 15-20g freshly roasted filter coffee (day 3-14)
- Insert the filter into the Aeropress, and pre heat it and your cup with some hot water. Discard.
- Set the aeropress up with the filter over your cup and add the coffee to the brew chamber.
- Start the timer and add just enough water to wet the coffee. Wait for a while- say 20 sec of longer if you prefer stronger (up to a minute)
- Add the rest of of the water, give everything a stir for perhaps 15 sec and then insert the plunger.
- Plunge away. We think it’s good to so some work to get the best from the coffee.
You will find some more tips including the inverted method on The World Aeropress Championships website