Skip to content
You will need:
- a 400ml (three cup) glass french press. If you have a larger one, multiply the coffee and water quantities as required
- timer and scales (optional)
- 350ml fresh water at about 95 deg. C
- about 20g of medium ground, freshly roasted coffee/400ml press volume
- Preheat the press and cups
- Empty your press out and add the coffee.
- Add hot water to about 5cm from the top stir the coffee to distribute
- Allow about 2 minutes to brew
- Optional- remove as much of the ground coffee as you can (this will maintain a clean coffee which is not stewed if you don’t decant)
- Place the lid on the plunger and plunge away!
- Drink straight away- decant if you didn’t follow the optional step.
Here are the basics: