When you purchase a Linea Mini, we’ll provide you with a discount coupon allowing 10% on accessories of your choice from us.
Inspired by the Linea Classic, the Linea Mini comes with dual boilers and an integrated brew group that allows the machine to achieve the temperature stability and energy efficiency of the saturated brew group in a reduced footprint.
The Linea Mini is handmade with the same components used in La Marzocco commercial machines to ensure the same durability that the Linea Classic has become famous for.
- Choice of colours: Black, red, blue, yellow, white, stainless steel
- Dual Boilers: separate boilers optimise espresso brewing and steam production.
- Integrated Brew Group: a combined boiler and brew group achieve thermal stability in a reduced footprint.
- Hot Water Spout: convenient spout for tea and rinsing portafilters between shots.
- Thermal Stability System: as water passes through each element, temperature is further stabilised.
- Internal Pump: self-contained pump without compromising performance.
- PID Control: stepped temperature wheel allows for user adjustment.
- Barista Lights: led lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
- Water Reservoir: an integrated 2.5 litre water tank makes plumbing optional.
- Indicator Lights: lights provide user feedback on heating and water level.
Pros and cons
- You pay for the LM brand. Expensive for what it is. There are e-61 competitors which are every bit as good at $1500 less.
- Great steam
- Warms up relatively quickly- 15 min.
- Tank fiddly to fill and even moreso to empty- drip tray needs to be removed
- Expensive parts
- To plumb in, it requires modification and this takes time and money. Time and money also to revert to tank operation
- Temperature via rheostat on side of machine. Can be almost impossible to see what temperature it’s set to
- Paddle is a con. It could have been replaced by a simple switch as there is virtually zero preinfusion. In unmodified form, it lives to channel shots unless preparation is perfect. It can be modified ($1200+) to provide preinfusion, but LM then voids the warranty and may possibly try to avoid their obligations under Australian Consumer Law.
- Connected version (eta sometime in 2020) and app will overcome some of these issues- at a cost. Also promised to be available as a retrofit.
- Dimensions: 35.7 x 37.7 x 53.4 (w x h x d in cm)
- Weight 30kg
- Voltage 220-240V 50Hz
- Element 1820W
- Boiler capacity: Steam 3.0L, brew 0.17L (actively heated, PID controlled group)